Monday, November 2, 2015

Blessings (Part III)

OK! Enough of the pity party, let's get our head out of our butts and be happy! 
(Oh my goodness. Google search images for "pity party" and you'll find one theme: we don't care. Ah!) 
My scanner was being stupid
so I took a picture with my phone.
'Meh' quality wise.
Lately the Holy Ghost has been telling me that I need to focus on more positive things and He gave me instructions how: laugh, Come what may and love it, and, perhaps most effective: count my blessings. 

I did this while anxiously waiting for Cool Apa to graduate. That was so very painful, but counting my blessings held me together. It gave me a spirit of peace. God's scotch tape that holds our sanity together comes in funny forms. I also decided to look for God's hand in Cool Apa's interviewing and hiring process last summer. It gave me a deep testimony that Heavenly Father wants us here in Idaho.

Without further adieu, let the games begin!

Blessing #24 

The fall leaves. I was once quoted by my roommates saying something like, "I know God loves me because He made the pretty fall leaves. He could have just made them die and fall of the tree!" Instead they turn beautiful colors, fall off, then shrivel and die. Oh so pretty!

Out our front door.

My favorite is the leaves that turn from green to red. Mmm! The reds that they turn into are SO beautiful. So yummy.

Blessing #25 

This little chunk of happiness:

Grace in her Halloween costume. I was aiming for angel,
but without the wings (which I didn't think she'd appreciate)
she turned more into a ballerina. 
I could go on and on about this little one. Her enthusiasm and smile are infectious. There is a light and jovial air about her that makes it easy to laugh with her. Oh! She is so blasted cute. 

Blessing #26 

TV. I know I need to limit my daughters' exposure to TV, but some days it's just so helpful! It keeps Starlet occupied while I shower. It calms Grace down for nap time. For me, it lets me escape into someone else's story. It can be a evil time vampire, but today, I am grateful for it. 

TV
Blessing #27

Oddly enough, Facebook. I've been so against it for so long, but caved and joined last week. It is a time vampire and could take over my life if I let it, but I won't. It's been fun to connect with family and friends. 

Add caption

Facebook allowed me to have an awesome conversation with my brother in law and his close friend. I really enjoyed talking to them. I feel good about what we talked about and feel closer to my brother in law. 

Sigh. There. I feel better. Heavenly Father really does take care of me, even if life is hard. It's supposed to be hard. So I guess I'm doing something right. 


-Cool Mamma 

No comments:

Post a Comment