Monday, November 2, 2015

Testimony (Part II)

Today was fast and testimony meeting. I love bearing my testimony, but I didn't bear it  today. (I also wasn't fasting due to being so tired and feeling fevery lately.) I just didn't feel that fire of truth about anything in particular and I like bearing my testimony when I really feel something. I also didn't think I had anything positive to say that wasn't also faking it. I just didn't.

By the end of church, after the good messages and lessons, I felt something, and I figured out what I would bear my testimony on:

Faith.
Ooh! I love the concept of "leap of faith." Great picture! 

You just got to have faith.

Things are hard and I don't have a lot of answers. I don't feel those awesome feelings of conversion that I want to feel. I'm just surviving and don't have much to say. But I do have faith and I have to trust that faith will get me through.

I have faith that I will get answers to questions. 
I have faith in the enabling power of the Atonement.
I have faith that we'll figure out what I need medically and I will eventually be able to accept whatever lies in store.
I have faith that my confusing, conflicted, messy feelings will be resolved someday.
I have faith that bumpy relationships will smooth out.
I have faith that staying "on the old ship Zion" is the best thing to do. 
I have faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and know that I and everyone on earth will have a perfect body someday.

I've just got to have faith. THAT I can feel. It'll all be ok.

I say that and believe it in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

http://www.fccwa.org/uploads/2/5/2/6/25263998/805150_orig.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment