Monday, February 10, 2014

Cast of Characters

I didn't get to this yesterday and I want to post today before I head to bed.  I would like you to meet: 


the cast of
Chronicles of Vatervaar 


Cool Apa Vaterlaus

Say hello to the love of my life! Even though I didn't know he was my dream come true, when I first met him, I did fall pretty hard and fast for him. Cool Apa is an engineer finishing his last semester of school - YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  He also works part time on top of school AND being a dad AND being a hubby AND being a member of the Sunday School presidency at church. 

"Sleep? What's that?" - Cool Apa

Needless to say he's a hard worker. Cool Apa is also very creative, has an excellent way with words, and can quote Calvin and Hobbs, Garfield, and Farside comics like they were movies! 

Cool Apa is holding...
Cool Starlet Vaterlaus! 

This is our little girl, who is our little Star of Joy! 
Our little Starling! My little Starlet! She has her daddy, mommy, and all four grandparents tied around her little finger! And boy oh boy! Her personality is as bright as her hair! Like most younglings, she likes to do many things by herself, loves milk, juice, cheese, Veggie Tales, and Piano Guys. Starlet is a happy girl who loves exploring and organizing everything. 

"Dupe a dupe a dupe a dupe!" - Cool Starlet

I am so grateful God sent her to me. I don't think she needed me as her mother; I think I needed her as my daughter. Starlet is truly my guardian angel. 

And me! The author! 
Cool Mamma Vaterlaus! 

I am a mother of that beautiful redheaded Star, wife of that sexy engineer, and a physics/physics teaching grad who currently thinks that major was a complete waste of time since my real passions are oil painting, music making, cartooning, writing, and birthday card making. I LOVE being a mom! I believe that dreams come true, that happiness is found in simple family moments that you could bottle-up for Eternity, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm working on undoing old, negative thought patterns to turn my depression around and sent it back to the hell-hole where it came from. I love colors, jazz, and Cool Apa's smile. Life is to be harnessed and ridden, just like a wild horse: the more you train it, the better it gets, and the further it'll take you. 

"Remember, I'm [prayin'] for ya. We're all in this together." - Red Green, adapted by Cool Mamma

Our lives aren't perfect and we're not perfect people. But we love each other and know that if we obey Heavenly Father's commandments and are "excellent to each other" (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure) we will get to live with each other forever. 

-Cool Mamma 

Oh yeah, and by the way: 
We're Mormon.


No comments:

Post a Comment