Friday, April 4, 2014

21 bottles of .....Sprite on the wall....Moving Forward

Actually, I'd rather say IBC; those are some yummy pops!

#21: Faith in the future

Today, I feel GOOD about my future, which is awesome considering how I've felt with my depression. I don't know where we're going, I don't know when baby #2 is coming, I don't know what our finances will be like, who we'll live by, or what kind of callings we'll have in the church. But today, I have faith in my future. I feel peace about how things will turn out, and I choose to believe that they will be GOOD. Instead of looking at the black clouds on the horizon, I choose to find the bit of sunshine I can.

I choose to look forward with faith instead of backward with doubt. 

While preparing for General Conference today, I read this snippet from Elder Edward Dube's talk, "Look Ahead and Believe," Elder Dube quoting Elder Jeffery R. Holland:

“The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that 
faith is always pointed toward the future 
(“The Best Is Yet to Be,” Ensign, Jan. 2010, 24; or Liahona, Jan. 2010, 18).

This embodies how I've felt recently: look forward and have faith. Trust in God and trust that He has your best interests at heart. Believe that you are better today than you were yesterday. Choose believe that there is more good in your life than bad. Believe in yourself and in those around you. Pray. Read scriptures. Just keep moving forward.

Just like what Mr. Robinson says at 20 seconds or so:



-Cool Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment